Organized Charm: iPhone App Organization

Monday, May 26, 2014

iPhone App Organization



Apps have become kind of a big deal. We now have so many that we’re feeling a little overrun by them! And guess what? It seems like we hear about the newest, coolest, helpful-ist ones every day! You may be wondering if these are worth organizing. 

They are absolutely worth organizing! Apps kind of drive me crazy! I hate how cluttered they make my phone look. And I really hate the fact that Apple won’t let me delete the ones that came with the phone that I’ve never even opened (Stocks, anyone?). SO… here are some helpful ways I’ve found to organize my iPhone apps!


-1-



Alphabetized
Obviously, if I’m looking for anything in this world, I search alphabetically. When I was 6, I used to organize all of my family’s VHS tapes. When I lived in my studio apartment, I alphabetized my yogurt. So, why not alphabetize iPhone apps? This is just a super simple way to find what you’re looking for! 


-2-



Categorized
Ok, so this is actually the way that I have my phone organized right now. I know that some people don’t like it when apps are consolidated into those little category folder things but I really love it! I love opening the Social folder and having my Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter apps altogether. I love opening my Productivity folder and having my E-Mail, Notes, and Reminders apps all right there. Yes, it does create an extra step to get them open but seriously, how lazy are we getting if we don’t want to open one extra thing on our touchscreen phones?


-3-



Color-coded
The only thing that drives me crazy about having my apps alphabetized is that, even though it actually is very orderly, it looks very un-orderly! Color-coding apps solves this problem! Color-coding makes everything look so neat and even pretty! Also, I don’t know about you, but when I think about an app, I’m picturing its little icon in my mind. So it’s pretty easy to search by color.

-

Finally, in order to keep the amount of apps I have from getting too excessive, I delete unused ones pretty frequently. I usually try to do this around the beginning/end of the month… because, if I haven’t used it in a month, I’m probably not going to use it. I also try to eliminate duplicate apps that do the same thing (those photo editing ones are the ones that I tend to hoard)! Sure, you might “need it someday” but just remember that you can always re-download it in 5 minutes or less! So, letting these go is no big deal! :)

Those are the only 3 ways I’ve tried organizing my apps but I’m sure y’all have thought of some more ways to organize them! How to you keep them “cleaned out”? Do you love or hate using those little category folders? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...